cookies and privacy
cookies and privacy
The cookies I collect are used for functionality and analytics. For example, if you complete a form, your details may be stored for ease of use when you return. As well, I use Google Analytics to better understand who is visiting and how people interact with the website. This data is completely anonymous, and helps me improve the website and content. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- I am performing a contract with you for our services; and
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Carmen Wright, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data I collect via my websites carmenwright.com, brightgreenbooks.com and spyskillsforgirls.com (the “Websites”)
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Websites in the following ways:
- When you sign-up to receive free content, including newsletters, eBooks, videos and other offers, I will collect your email address, first name and last name.
- When you complete a contact form or request a quote, I will collect your email, your name and any information you choose to provide in the free text box of the form.
Data that is collected automatically
I automatically collect certain information when you visit my Websites – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of my services;
- process and respond to your applications;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you; and,
- improve our services and Websites through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
- I share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
These Websites and my services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data.
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email at email@example.com.
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and,
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.